The easy way to keep your home in tip-top shape!
Just like a car, a home requires regular maintenance to operate safely and efficiently. Home Maintenance For Dummies, 2nd Edition, gives you the latest tips and advice on how to inspect, tune up, and make repairs to every part of your house! You'll get expert, step-by-step information that will empower you to roll up your sleeves and make your home safer, more comfortable, and more energy efficient.
• Home maintenance and you practical information on the benefits of home maintenance and the major systems and components in your home
• The energy envelope guidance on understanding your home's exterior surfaces and associated components, like windows and doors, the roof, the basement, and the foundation
• Plumbing and HVAC instructions on how to tackle problems with mechanical equipment, common household appliances, and heating and cooling systems
Open the book and find:
• Ten home maintenance skills you'll be glad to have
• Tips on preserving your home's value and avoiding costly repairs
• Green maintenance and cleaning options
• Tips on day-to-day repairs from walls and appliances to decks and fences
• Straightforward advice on what you can tackle yourself and when you should call a pro
• Step-by-step instructions on everything from replacing a furnace filter to insulating your home
Date of Publication October 26th, 2009
Do not write in, draw in, or highlight in books. These are considered negligent damage and are the responsibility of the borrower Do not copy, publish, or otherwise plagiarize materials. Wash hands before handling books; oil stains, grease stains, solvents, dirt, food, water damage, and other damage caused by neglect is considered the responsibility of the borrower
Please note that you can only renew a book once, and after 14 days the book or books must be returned into stock in order to allow for equal and equitable access to our tools for all users. Users who renew books for an additional 7 days will need to wait at least one week before checking that tool out again. Renewal of tools can be done between days 5-7 of your rental as long as another customer does not have the tool reserved during that time.
Please be sure to return books on your listed due dates to avoid service interruptions to other customers. If a customer has a history of late returns, we may put your account on probation until good customer standing can be reinstated. Late returns do not count towards your new user period.
Users who pose problems with timely returns, or problematic behaviors such as circumventing bans or our terms of service in any way may be subject to denial of service without warning or explanation.
The content found in the books that collectively comprise the Carhartt Workshop Resource Library is meant to be purely informational and does not constitute advice on behalf of The Carhartt Workshop or its staff. The Resource Library is meant to provide offerings with content that is true and accurate as of the publishing date and to the best of Carhartt Workshop’s understanding. Carhartt Workshop, however, provides no assurance regarding the accuracy or applicability of any of the contents found within the Resource Library. Furthermore, Carhartt Workshop accepts no responsibility for and shall not be held liable in connection with the use and application of any information found in books in the Resource Library, including but not limited to any liability for errors, inaccuracies, omissions, opinions, or misleading or defamatory statements. Users of the Resource Library are encouraged to thoroughly research their projects and should consult multiple vetted sources of information before attempting to complete any and all projects or instructions found in any books that are offered through the Carhartt Workshop.
Due to the nature of the Carhartt Workshop Resource Library collection, references to any specific commercial product, process, person or service, even by way of trademark or manufacturer, by no means implies an endorsement, recommendation, or bias held by Carhartt Workshop. Any and all opinions expressed in the contents of the Carhartt Workshop Resource Library are solely those of their respective authors and, unless expressly stated otherwise, are not those of Carhartt Workshop or its staff.